Saturday, May 16, 2009

Dinner At Marriot Hotel, Doha

Last thursday went to dinner with my basketball mates in a restaurant located inside a 5-star hotel (Marriot Hotel in Doha). Before I went to the restaurant, i already expected that the bill for the dinner will be very expensive. Anyway, i will let you know how much we spent on that dinner at the end of this blog later.

This is the name of the restaurant (Asia Live)


Let us check the menu first. Wow..... QR 29 for just a bowl of misu soup. (Conversion QR1 is approximately to RM1). Tomyam soup also QR29.


Now this is really surprised me. Yong Chow Fried Rice is cost QR69!!! Nasi goreng and Singapore noodles also cost QR59 each. Unbeliveable!!!! I managed get the same dishes in malaysia for around RM6-10 a plate. Well. I can't deny that the quality of food is not below par but it isn't amazed me though. You can see the steamed rice can cost QR19. Although we didn't order that but i just wonder is it the rice cooked especially for VVIP? =='''

This is another part of the menu. Feel free take a look by yourself. Maybe i am poor, that's why i find it everything is expensive to me.


The picture below is not so clear and is taken by my colleague. I asked him to take this picture because wanna show to everyone how expensive the softdrink is. It is QR 18!!! and the Redbull is cost QR29!!!! Hahaha.....Really unexpected!!!!


Anyway, that day, there are total 7 of us. Before i reached the place, they already ordered and i just went there to eat....Lol. When the dishes are served, i just realized they ordered 2 set for each dishes. If i not mistaken, let me list down what we ordered on that night.


1) Seafood springroll - 2 set (appetizer)
2) 2 different set of sushi - 2 set (which mean total 4 set)
3) Yong Chow fried rice - 2 set
4) Singapore noodle - 2 set
5) Sweet n sour prawns - 2 set
6) Sesame prawns - 2 set
7) fish - 2 set (can't recall the name)
8) Greentea ice-cream - 4 set (this is the best ice-cream i ever had so far) ^^
9) Countless beers (they are really good drinkers)

From the picture shown below, u can see a fork lying on the singapore noodle. That already cost you QR59. You can imagine the plate size and the cost of it. Sigh. This is my first time to take a very fine dinner like this. *Sorry for not taken the pictures before we started our dinner as i don't have camera but my hp only. My hp is out of battery by that time. So i requested my colleague to take the picture for me*


Ding Ding Ding! THis is the green tea ice cream that i mentioned just now. I haven't have chance to take the picture before everyone start eating. Hahahaha....The picture shown it might not be look that delicious but indeed it really taste good. Really smooth enough and you seem not like eating "ice" but a smooth tasty creamy green tea. Hahaha....i am not good in english. hard to elaborate. In short, is delicious!!!


Ok. Now is time to announce how much we spent on this dinner.....Ding ding ding ding.......It is QR2444!!!!!

Before we left, my colleague purposely took this picture for remembrance in the toilet. =='''


3 comments:

  1. Wahahhahaha... QR2444 for fried rice, noodles, spring rolls... etc...
    But tat means ppl go there is rich also lo. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. chin ling - they are rich, not include me :P i just paid for a portion only. they paid for the rest. if i knew i need to pay more for the dinner, sure i wont go with them.

    prisoner - ya. is really expensive. i was shock when i saw the bill.

    ReplyDelete